9.20.2010

The cracked pot

An old woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.
One of the pots was cracked and the other was perfect.
The latter was always full of water after the long walk from the stream to the house, while he cracked pot arrived only half empty.
For a long time the thing went on well with the lady who came home with only one and a half pots of water.
Of course, the perfect pot was proud of the result itself and the poor cracked pot was ashamed of his defect, could only do half what he should do.
After two years, reflecting on his own bitter defeat to be 'split', the vessel spoke with you along the way:
"I am ashamed of myself because this crack in my side causes lose half the water along the way to your house ..."
The old woman smiled,
"Did you notice the beautiful flowers were sown on your side? I've always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on the roadside on your side ... And every day while we walk back, you water them. For two years, pick beautiful flowers to decorate the table of the home. If you were not as you are, I would not have these wonders gracing my home. Each of us has our own faults, but the defect that each of us has, is what makes our lives together so interesting and rewarding. We must take each person for what it is ... And find out what it's good. So my 'defective' friend, have a nice day and keep watering the flowers on your side of the road. "

We must accept people as they are, trying to see in them what are their best.

No comments: