11.08.2010

Are You Entitled Or Worthy?

(By Staci Backauskas) When I was a kid, I remember a friend of my brother’s getting diagnosed with Osgood-Schlatter disease. His bones were growing too fast for his body and it caused excruciating pain in his knees. Recently, the growth I’ve experienced feels too big for my heart, like Osgood-Schlatter of the soul. When my girlfriend called me selfish for always driving 20 miles to pick her up so we could spend time together, my default was to defend myself. I was being kind, caring, considerate. Didn’t I lend her my car on Saturdays to do her errands? Selfish? What in the world was she talking about? ”You wanted me where you wanted me, Staci,” she said. “If I wanted to be there, I know how to take the bus.”(click on the link to read full article: http://wisdomalacarte.net/blog/are-you-entitled-or-worthy/2010/07/)

No comments: